Who are the Friends?
We are a group of community members who love the library. Our mission is to support meaningful library programming.
- Books Down Under (BDU) is a used bookstore on the Library's Lower Level. BDU stocks thousands of books in good condition and sells them at very low prices. BDU is staffed by many dedicated volunteers who sort, shelve and sell books. Friends of the Library funding supports the numerous library programs including: One Book, Everybody Reads, Who Are We- an Interactive Children's Art Exhibit, Youth Summer Reading Club, Adult/Teen Summer Reading Club, After the Fast Lane, Books for Babies, Greener Choices, Focus on Genealogy, The Shakespeare Project, and musical performances.
- Want to donate to the Friends of the Library? Join the Friends of WPL today!
- Want to volunteer? Work at BDU, assist at youth services events, or greet attendees at One Book Everybody Reads.
- If you'd like to get involved, fill out a volunteer form and return it to BDU: Bookstore Volunteer Form
Officers of the Friends of the Library 2016-2017
|Joan Fishman - President
||Carol Shukur - Hospitality Chair
|MaryAnne O'Keefe - Secretary
||Larry Dickman - Treasurer
|Allyson Haut/Siobhan Hill - Book Room Co-Chairs
||Virginia Grossman - Assoc. Treasurer
|Susan Morrison - Book Room Vice-Chair
||Diane Teska - Markering Chair
|Margo Chambers - Membership Chair
||Sarah Beth Brown - Library Liaison
Friends of the Library Meeting Schedule
All meetings take place in the lower level conference room (unless otherwise noted) and begin at 9:15 am:
September 7, 2016
January 4, 2017
February 8, 2017
April 12, 2017 - CANCELLED
May 24, 2017 - Library Auditorium
All FOL members and volunteers are welcome to attend.
The Friends’ book store offers a huge selection of bargain materials for children and adults and is open during the following hours:
Monday 1 - 5 pm
Tuesday 9 - 5 pm; 7 - 8:45 pm
Wednesday 11:30 - 5 pm
Thursday 9 - 5 pm; 7 -8:45 pm
Friday 11:30 - 5 pm
Saturday 11 - 4:45 pm
BOOK DONATIONS NOW ACCEPTED.
- Gently used books in good condition
- Fiction or Nonfiction, for adults or children
- Classics in good condition
- Recent Best Sellers
- CDs/DVDs in good working condition
- Sheet music & LPs
We don't like:
- Books in poor condition
- Damaged/torn/broken bindings
- Dirty/moldy/water damaged
- Highlights, underlining, or markings
- Encyclopedia sets
- Dated nonfiction
- Outdated travel or technology books
If you'd like to get involved: Bookstore Volunteer Form